Monday, March 2, 2009

Hello, Saturn!


Most of you know (some of you don't) that I have been driving the Death Machine for about 2 years. Now don't get me wrong, it has been a decent car... but the past few months have taken a drastic decline.... and the past few weeks have been down right awful! My Ford Crown Vic has over 209,000 miles & in the past few weeks - the heater gave out, it is leaking 2 QT of oil per day, costing us $10 per day in gas, on and on....




So, we have been looking for a vehicle for a couple of months but I really had my heart set on a Saturn Vue. They are exactly what I wanted & needed, maintenance is inexepensive, insurance rates are great and it is economical. I was having trouble, though, because Saturn's hold their value and we could not find what we wanted in our price range. A wonderful friend of mine said, "Hey, why don't you check Craig's List for an individual seller." On Friday morning, I checked Craig's List & found several... but one really caught my attention. I made a bee line for the door & called this gentleman on my way to meet him. The car was exactly what I wanted & for the right price. I checked the CarFax - 1 owner, no wrecks/claims, no liens!! I took it to a mechanic... in GREAT condition!! SOLD!


We now own a 2004 Saturn Vue & we are so happy!
PS - the oil spots in the driveway are NOT from the new car ;-)

1 comment:

Gulley Gang said...

Love it girl! Congratulations on the new car. It's always a fun day when you get a new one of those.