Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sibling rivalry

The story goes a little something like this...

Harry loves snacking on fruit puffs for babies. They are similar in texture to Cheerios, but they are fruit flavored and melt very fast in your mouth. Rhapsody loves twisty cheese (what we know as string cheese). A few days ago, she approached me... our conversation is below:

Rhapsody: Mom, may I have twisty cheese for snack?
Me: Yes, but you have to give some fruit puffs to Harry so he has a snack also.
Rhapsody: May I have a plate to give Harry some puffs? And can you open my twisty cheese?
Me: Sure.

After handing her the plate, she put a few puffs on it for Harry and sat the plate on the floor. She took a seat in her Diego chair and proceeded to eat her snack. A few very quiet minutes go by, as both children happily enjoy their snacks....when all of a sudden Harry runs out of fruit puffs and realizes Rhapsody has cheese.

The next words I hear are Rhapsody, "Mom, can you get Harry down, he is trying to get the cheese out of my hand. Mom! Help me! Bubby is going to make me fall....!!!!"






Like a flash of lightening, Harry is right there. Rhapsody had no choice but to cram the cheese in her mouth and make a face at her brother.... the face of victory!!
Let the rivalry begin!


No comments: